Here’s a page full of what others thinks of my work, from print and social media: Media Mentions
Recent articles, reviews, and miscellanea from me:
Hey, look! This is a big deal…seriously. I made it into the rarified blog over at Sounding Out! Check out my article on how childhood listening formed a distorted adulthood: Sonic Dissonance, March 11, 2019.
“Hi-Fi Infidelity: Blind Love Blues” focuses on elegant denial, borderline narcissism, and the opera. A complex and beautiful song by Walter Hyatt, who we lost way too soon. Over at No Depression, the Journal of Roots Music. September 4, 2016.
Farm Sanctuary has posted this video of a cooking demonstration I gave at their New York shelter. Learn to make some good food!
“Hi-Fi Infidelity: Me and Mrs. Jones” visits Night Gallery, jukebox theory, and other aural hazards, over at No Depression, the Journal of Roots Music. August 23, 2016.
“Hi-Fi Infidelity: In Some Room Above the Street” challenges our Zen, over at No Depression, the Journal of Roots Music. August 6, 2016.
“Hi-Fi Infidelity: Your Cheatin’ Heart” explores the depths of Hank Williams’ classic song, over at No Depression, the Journal of Roots Music. July 26, 2016.
The Latham Foundation, provider of humane education media since 1918, has included me in their current newsletter. My article “Food as a Unique Teaching Tool” explores the impact of Peace Meal Supper Club™. Spring 2016
Here’s a low-fi peek into an on-the-road Peace Meal Supper Club™, March 2016:
An essay regarding farm labor issues, the CIW, and Publix Supermarkets, published at Civil Eats: A Chef Speaks Out on Farm Labor. November 2013.
Essays, recipes, photos, and other media at the landmark “Uncooped“ exhibit, from the National Museum of Animals & Society, May 2013.
Now and then, I enjoy writing a review from deep inside a book or CD. Here’s a selection:
- Review of “Man O’War,” by independent Dallas band, Chin’s Mojo. (Link will take you to Amazon.)
- Review of “Kind,” a collection of poems by Gretchen Primack. (Link will take you to GoodReads.)
- Review of “The Eyes of Willie McGee,” by Alex Heard.
- Review of “Crazy Sexy Diet,” by Kris Carr. (Link will take you to Amazon.)
These articles explore our acceptance of an abusive deity:
- The Godly Art of Child Abuse, courtesy of the Secular Web and Infidels.org.
- A God of Suspect Praise, courtesy of Atheist Ground.
From late 2010 through 2011, I was a member of Kris Carr’s illustrious Blog Posse. Here is a selection of essays and recipes:
- Making the Most of Summer Markets
- The Skinny on Sustainability
- Autumn’s Promise, Spring’s Fulfillment
- How Love Leads to Purpose
- A Holiday Feast
- Choosing Your Holiday Traditions
- Five Recipes to Nourish You This Winter
- Recipe: Wild Rice Pilaf with Pecans and Cranberries
- Recipe: Tempeh and Two-Bean Chili
I was a guest on the highly stimulating free-thought Infidel Guy show back in 2004. Reginald Finley and I discussed my book In Lieu of Heaven, in addition to similarities between Jehovah’s behavior and that of a domestic abuser. Be challenged and entertained!
In 2004 I did numerous radio interviews in support of my novel, In Lieu of Heaven. Challenging theism via mass media can be very interesting. Here are 3 examples.